www.flickr.com

Monday, November 17, 2008

Why can't we swim in November?

I think Karianne was bent on making us laugh today. We picked up Brent at the airport around lunchtime. On the way home Karianne asked if she could go swimming when we got home. No, it's cold outside. She said she didn't care, she still wanted to go swimming. I told her if she really wanted to go swimming she could put her bathing suit on and stand outside, if she was ok with that then we would spray her with the hose. If she still thought it was fun then we'd get the wading pool out. Brent and I laughed, but when we got home Karianne went searching for her bathing suit. She found it and put it on and said she was ready.
I said, "Ok go play outside!" It was around 50 degrees I think. She went out and put her hands on her hips to say, "there!" and then ran back inside. She asked me to get the pool out. I said NO. She wanted to remind me we had a deal. I told her she had to stand outside for a littel longer. It really drug on for a long time. Brent and I kept telling her it was cold and she kept trying to tell us it wasn't cold. She played outside in her bathing suit for just a little bit, just enough to show us! I did spray her with the hose a little and she thought it was great, crazy kid. I finally said enough, because I didn't think I was going to win and brought her back inside. I think she is going to be into Polar Bear Swimming when she is older. :-)

No comments: