www.flickr.com

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Say it like it is!

I hardly ever read anymore. And when I do it's in snatches. In consequence, it takes a long time for me to finish a book now a days. Anyway. Today was so nice, I had the windows open and listening to all that snow melting so fast it sounded like rain coming off the roof. So I sat in the beanbag by the window and read a book today while the girls played nearby. Angie saw me reading and asked if I was reading a book, I said yes, she said "you aren't saying anyfing! Ohhh, are you weading wif your bwains?" Yup, that's it.

At bedtime we've been reading the old story Caps for Sale. It's from the 1940's, in it a peddler tried to sell his caps for 50 cents a cap. He calls, "caps for sale, 50 cents a cap" Said all that to say Amy was 'reading' it to herself today, (outloud NOT using her brains) and she was saying: "sixty dollars! sixty dollars who wants a cap for sixty dollars?" It's just possible that a hat from the 1940's would now cost around $60 so she was just adjusting for the times. :-)

No comments: