www.flickr.com

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home!

We are home from the hospital! Amy is so happy to be home, so am I! Last night Karianne and I stayed the night with Amy. The girls had a lot of fun together. I don't think I got a wink of sleep. Next door to us was a very large noisy crowd having a lot of fun- all day and well into the night. Didn't expect to have a problem with noisy neighbors in the hospital.

When it was time to bed discharged Amy got her IV out. The nurse told her she'd be taking it out, Amy didn't want her too, she didn't want any more pain! The nurse said she had to take it out anyway, it may hurt a little but then it would feel better. Amy had tears well up in her eyes and put her hand in front of her face and turned her head. She said bravely, "I not going too look, I not going to look so I won't cry." it just about made me and the nurse cry! She got it out and it didn't seem to hurt her at all. Yeah! then she had to get the dressing changed on her back. She REALLY didn't want anyone to mess with her back, she told me, "momma I will cry and cry a lot!" We said oh please don't cry baby, or we'll cry too!" She was very brave and winced a little but didn't cry. SHe liked telling everyone that she has a BIG bandaid on her back. It's like a badge of honor that she withstood a BIG owie bravely and got a big bandaid to prove it instead of those ordinary little bandaids. She IS a very brave little girl.