www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Make them happy

Today I took Karianne in to the Dr in the morning for her booster shots. I spent the rest of the day making a big deal about her and trying to make her happy so she'd forget about the shots. We had a fun day.

She told me she was going to pray to Jesus to make her brave when she got her shots. I told her once she got these shots she wouldn't need any others until she was grown up. She told me she wanted to wait until she was 60 to get the shots. She did pretty good, cried a lot, but then she did get 4 shots, that's a lot!
Took her out for ice cream after the Dr visit and she said that helped her feel better a lot. Then we went to the feed store and looked at kitties, rabbits, and baby chicks. We are going to tell daddy we would like one of each!

Then we went to pick up sisters at school and Karianne couldn't wait to tell Angie that she'd be getting shots too when she turned 4. We didn't even make it back in the van yet before Karianne put her arm around Angie and said, "come'ere I wanna tell you something. When you turn 4 you are going to get shots and you are going to have to be brave like I was today. But momma will take you out for ice cream and that will help you feel better a lot. Momma, will you take Angie out for ice cream when she gets her shots?" Angie still rememebers getting poked a few months ago so I really didn't want to talk about shots too much with her.

It was so nice today I took them all straight to the zoo after I picked Angie and Amy up from school. It was just beautiful and we had the zoo to ourselves. Poor Karianne was not doing very well by the end of the day both legs were sore and she was limping and crying. I put her in the stroller and we went home and pampered her for the rest of the evening. Hopefully she will sleep off the soreness by tomorrow. Can't wait for the next one to turn 4.


No comments: