www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ballet


So sunday I took Karianne to the Cinderella Ballet for our date. I made a dress for her just for the occasion. I told her she'd look just like Cinderella. She didn't think so since the dress wasn't blue and white. Nevertheless, I have to say as a proud momma, she turned a lot of heads.
When we got there I found out I didn't have an original thought on that one. Every little girl there was either wearing a tutu or dressed like Cinderella. I didn't see a single boy attending the ballet, I suppose there may have been men there but I didn't see any men either. Just a lot of mommys and daughters. Our seats were front row of the balcony. I don't really do good with heights. The balcony was 5 or six stories up from the stage and a sheer drop from our seats. I was more than a little anxious the whole time and by the time I got home I had a real headache because I was so tense. I kept visualizing Karianne going over the edge...
Besides all that, it was just lovely and we had a really special time. Karianne followed the ballet fairly well and didn't really get bored or figety.

I really didn't know where the event was downtown, just knew approximately where it was on a certain street so I just parked and we walked until we found it. We really enjoyed that part too. We had the downtown to ourselves and I snapped lots of pictures of Karianne walking downtown. Which is why I am just now posting, I was waiting for Brent to put together a photo montage for me so I didn't post a million pictures of her. Enjoy.


No comments: