www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Micheal W Smith/ Steven Curtis Chapman United




Thursday night I got to go with a friend to the once in a lifetime, Steven Curtis Chapman/ Micheal W Smith United tour. It was so awesome, my two favorite christian artists in one concert together. They sang each others songs which was a hoot and MWS was debuting his new album. Steven Curtis Chapman as you know just lost his daughter Maria in an accident this summer. He still sings his Cinderella song that he had written for her and Stevie Joy, another daughter. He now sings it with hope, knowing he will dance with her again in Heaven. What an amazing testimony.

On a lighter note, I have to say they're fans are an aging crowd. I was there with a bunch of aging gen Xers and older. They were all content to sit and be entertained. I kept wanting to jump up and down but felt the grumbling behind me every time I did. People started leaving after 10 becuase I assume it was past their bedtime. At the end people immediately left and there was no encour; everyone wanted to go to bed. I think I must have been the youngest one there, at least I acted younger than anyone else and I was truly excited to be there.

I even got a concert tshirt, never purchased one before. :-) I took some video but I can't figure out how to load it, I'll have to load it later. I'm sitting here listening to MWS's new album, love it!


So here's some great pictures taken from row R- in the dark, good huh? :-)

No comments: