www.flickr.com

Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 8 Lanzhou University

Today we were on our own. No guided tours scheduled. So we walked down to Lanzhou University and strolled through the gardens there. Amy wasn't in a great mood so we had to keep moving. Nothing more awkward than having your child crying and yelling in a language you can't understand. My big fear is that she is yelling, “these aren't my parents somebody help me!” And we're just smiling and nodding at everyone...

Anyway, She quieted down after a while and we went back to the grocery store that we found last night. They have some pretty cheap clothes and Amy needs clothes. I totally guessed wrong on what size she is and the clothes I brought fall off of her. She has no waist, hips or rear end so nothing stays up, so I bought a few dresses, hopefully she'll be a little more presentable now, poor thing.

Amy got to see Brent's dad, PopPop, on Skype. He was a big hit and she kept saying Ye Ye (grandpa) PopPop for the rest of the day.

After nap time we took a long walk and ate KFC for dinner.

We did get our paperwork back today for the Chinese part of Amy's adoption. She is officially ours now! Hooray!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I bet you're excited to come home! Amy will have so much fun with her new sisters!

Keep the posts coming...I love all the updates and pics.