www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 14: Last day in Guangzhou!




Unbelievable. I can’t believe we are coming home. No, it has not flown by, Amy is just a joy but I have missed my other babies back home every day and can’t wait to put my arms around them again.

Today we never stopped. We toured the Six Banyan Temple this morning. The temple is 1,000 years old. The six banyans aren’t there any more though.  It was very beautiful and very interesting.
When we got back we had time to each lunch and on the way back Brent and I had to stop into two separate stores so we split up for the first time. Bad idea. We could not find each other again in that mass of people and shops. Brent had both hotel keys and a watch. I had no idea what time it was or how long I had been looking for him but I knew we had to be back at the hotel soon to get to the Swearing In Ceremony at the Consulate. So I walked back to the Hotel with Amy and hoped Brent would think the same thing. We waited outside our hotel room for at least a half hour (no watch so I have no idea) and Brent finally came up. We had about 15 minutes to spare before we had to leave for the appointment.
So we went to the Consulate and swore Amy in as a US citizen. Then we went to Shaiman Island to get our laundry and to take the traditional Red Couch picture at the White Swan hotel with the other babies from our adoption agency.
After that, we met with Lucy, a girl Brent had met on his first trip here and went to dinner with her and another adoptive couple. After Dinner it was about 8pm. I still had a list of souvenirs to buy and most of the shops were closed. I didn’t get the good deals I like to hunt for, I just had to take what I could from the stores still open. It was pouring rain all evening as well. Yuck. We took a cab back to our hotel instead of walking back this time.
Now we are packing and I am finishing my last post from China. It has been amazing and wonderful. Thank you ALL for your prayers and support in helping to make this a reality. Sweet little Amy Peak is coming home and I can’t wait to introduce her to you all. We will be traveling home for the next 26+ hours. Won’t be able to post but please keep us in your prayers as we seem to hit major delays every time we get on a plane and we will have Amy this time as well.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yay! I've enjoyed following every detail of your trip. I will pray for a safe trip home and can't wait to meet Amy!