www.flickr.com

Friday, February 5, 2010

Hiking in our backyard


You know how they used to say that Ginger Rodgers was a better dancer than Fred Astaire because she could do everything he did backwards and with high heels? I kinda always feel that way when we go out to do things that eveyone else does with a baby on my hip and preschoolers in tow. I remember when Karianne and Angie were 3 years old we went hiking in a cave. It was a mile straight down. Brent carried Karianne and I carried Angie. Did I mention I was 5 months pregnant with Lucy too? People have no idea what a workout is unless they've tried it holding a baby.



Anyway, we went hiking today on on of the mountain just a few minutes away from us. It didn't look as steep as some of the other trails around so we brought all the kids. I still haven't gotten a good picture of our view out here, but it is just gorgeous. We are in a valley with mountains 360 degrees all around us. We got on the trails and did pretty good. We got a lot of stares from the serious joggers and walkers as we toted our kids up and over the trails. We only had one scrapped up knee and Lucy and Amy gave up about halfway through. I took Lucy and Amy back to the car and we drove around the mountain and waited for the rest of the hikers to come off the trail.

No comments: