www.flickr.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

Gardening



I bought some ranunculus flowers last week. They were so pretty and I've never lived in an area where they did well. I put the pots in the backyard and planned to plant them the next day. The next day they were spread all over my backyard. My puppy Howie had a lot of fun. I wanted to cry. I picked up the pieces of my ranunculus and gingerly planted what was left. We went out to run some errands. When I got back, he had dug them up. Planted them again, and put dead rose branches upright next to the poor little limp flowers. He dug them up. They had nothing but a few roots left but I planted them again. He left them alone for a few days and one got brave enough to put out a few shoots. He dug them up.
I ordered a motion sensitive sprinkler online and put it near the flower bed. So far it has soaked me 4 times and the dogs not at all. I've had the sprinkler for a few days so yesterday I had enough courage to buy some more plants. I took all the girls to a nursery close by and we had fun shopping and picking out plants. I got one of those flat wagons that nurseries provide and all the girls rode on it while I loaded plants on. They had fun taking turns being the tour guide. They'd pretend to hold a microphone and say something like, "And over here we have a big green plant that will turn into flowers..." I have no idea where they get this stuff!

Today during nap time, Karianne and I cleaned out the flower bed and planted our flowers. I thought I'd get a picture of them before he digs them up again. Notice the nice sprinkler behind Karianne just waiting for Howie. Hopefully my flowers will still be there tomorrow. But if not, I'll always have the photo.

No comments: