www.flickr.com

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A dad called "Momma"

Lucy is a smart little girl. Her favorite thing to do is to torture Brent by insisting to call him momma. Maybe it started when I got a job and Brent stayed home for a while, I don't know. Brent takes a lot of time working with her pointing to himself and saying "DADDY"! She will smile a mischevious smile at him and point at him and say "MOMMA"! He'll go around the room and point to everybody and say, "Where's Angie?" and she'll point to Angie, and so on she'll point to everybody as they are named. Then he'll say, "where's daddy?" and Lucy will look all around with a big grin on her face and act like she does not see anyone by that name. She knows very well who daddy is, she just really enjoys teasing him. I can give her something and tell her to give it to daddy in the other room and she'll do it, as long as he isn't looking on. Stinker. Yesterday, she got hurt playing with her sisters and came in the living room crying, "Momma, Momma!" I held out my arms to her and she ran right past me and cried, "MOMMA!" and flung herself at Brent. She is such a character. She calls me Momma too, she just likes calling both of us momma. It's a compliment to Brent in a way. :-)

Amy is her favorite sister I think. Amy is the only name she will say, her bed is right next to Amy's and often they will end up in the same bed together. She does the same thing to Karianne and Angie that she does to her daddy and calls them all Amy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for Brent because I've been there. Isaac would only call me Dada for a while. I would say Mama, and he would just say Dada. Daddy thought ity was funny too, but it made mommy very sad.

I am finally Mommy.