www.flickr.com

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Grandma's House



We made a drive up to Michigan and a very short visit with my Grandmother in Flint. I came down with the flu and the girls all had horrible sounding coughs, so we had to cut our visit short. My grandmother has lived in the same house for over 60 years. She is making plans to sell it now because stairs have become problematic for her. I love that house and have lots of good memories there- especially playing in her yard. It was a joy, even if it was short lived, to watch the girls play in grandma's yard as well. They had never seen so many leaves in their lives! Love you Grandma.




Here's a few things around the house that I love and have been there, in the same spot ever since I can remember:


The old piano downstairs




a vignette in my mother's old bedroom.





the green metal glider outside





The very useful green stacking footstools.





A few of Grandma's mixers from all her years of professional cake decorating.

No comments: