www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Suprise snow










Our ice storm fizzled out into a suprise snow fall after a day of sleet. We all went out today and played in the snow. There is a low "pond" or drainage ditch in our neighborhood with nice sloping hills all around it. We took our sleds and buckets and shovels and played there for a while this morning. Brent put video on his blog:
http://brentpeak.com/

Amy took a few sled trips down the hill and was content to stay in the wagon for the rest of the time.


Karianne and Angie both loved shoveling snow in their bucket and sledding down the hill.

Karianne loved eating snow!



Lucy did a little bit of sitting in the wagon and riding in the snow tube. After we had been out for a while I pulled Lucy in the tube to the top of the hill and saw that her eyes were closed. I figured the sun was in her eyes. I pushed her down the hill in the tube and cheered and clapped for her. Brent got her at the bottom and said, "she's asleep!"


Brent and Karianne walked around the pond a little and were throwing icicles on the pond. Karianne's mitten stuck to the frozen icicle and her mitten landed in the middle of the pond still stuck to the icicle. We all went home soon after that and Brent, Karianne and Angie went back out with a fishing pole and fished for the mitten. Sorry no pictures or video of that since I didn't go although I really wish I did have a picture of it!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I just tried to leave this comment on Brent's blog, not sure that it worked...

How fun! I don't know of any decent hills for sledding near our house, so we just had to use the driveway. Your video/photo montage was great. Which reminds me, I was recently burning home videos to DVD, but I stopped when I played back an older one I had burned about 4 or 5 years ago. It kept getting stuck and finally froze altogether. I tried another one I had burned and it wouldn't play at all in the DVD player. Have you ever sent off to one of those companies to have VHS converted to a professional quality DVD? I'm thinking of doing that, rather than wasting my time and energy on DVDs that might not work after a few years...I just need a good, affordable recommendation.