www.flickr.com

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cinderella

We brought home a little dog today from the animal shelter. I looked at a lot of little dogs online and in shelters before we found this little baby. I was so unaware of the subculture of mixed breeds that used to be just- excuse me, no flaming please- mutts are now there own special breed. A Pug and a Beagle mix is a Puggle. A Lab and a Poodle is a Labradoodle. A Chihuahua and a Daschund is a Chiweenie- seriously! There's more, Scottie Poo (ewww),Yorkie Poo, Goldennoodle, PomChi... and they are worth money! I wanted a Chiweenie just so I could say I had one. :-) Someone was trying to sell their lab-pekinese-oops pups for $100! It looked like a Pekinese head stuck on a lab body. Very strange.
A shelter in Claremore had a little Skye Terrier dog. They called her a Skye Terrier, when I went to look at her I thought she looked more like a Lhaso Terrier Mix. The paperwork from the vet had Shi Tzu crossed out with Schnoodle on it. Yeah one of those exotic mixes! Her hair is cut very close so I really won't be able to tell what she is until it grows out. She is adorable and we brought her home. She had surgery today, like all shelters require before you can bring a dog home so she has been very low key since we brought her home. Nala our big old blind dog that we have had for 13 years is feeling unloved and hiding in corners. She is rarely the only dog in the house so I am not sure why she has her feelings hurt.

Anyway, we have yet to come up with a name for her. The girls are pretty set on naming her Cinderella. I am leaning towards Miss Moppet. I'll let you know.

No comments: