www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Remember Me


Remember me, Lord… come near and rescue me.
Psalm 106:4 (NLT)


From China comes a tiny plea…
Won't someone come and rescue me?


I long to see a mother's face…
To feel the warmth of her embrace.


My heart is hoping for a home…
I long for a father to call my own.


Each night as I lay down to sleep,
I whisper my own little prayer...


"Dear God, please send me someone,
I need their loving care."


It's hard to believe love will find me…
I feel so lost in this far away land.


For I'm just one little boy among thousands,
Who prays for the touch of a family's hand.


As I close my eyes in slumber,
I know you've heard my small prayer,
"Remember me..."


I'm the one little boy who's still believing
You'll send a mother and father to care.



So many little boys are lost among thousands of children in China who are waiting… and praying… for a family to reach across the world and take hold of their sweet little hands. Because of their gender, these orphaned children are often overlooked and go unnoticed. They are little boys who are hoping and believing that someone will remember that they are there.


Every day they live on the edge of hope, crying out, "Will someone please remember me?" They are trusting us to hear their cries, see their needs, and be the answer to their prayers. If we don't see them and rescue them, who will?


* excerpt from All God's Children Adoption Agency newsletter.

No comments: