www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

In old China...



Long, long ago, in old China, lived a beautiful empress. Above all things, She loved flowers, yet she seldom picked them.
It is told of the empress that one day she walked in the fields. As she passed among the flowers they heard her say,
"I will not touch you, little flowers, for if I touch you my hands may hurt you. But let me stand among you..."
When we gather flowers, we think of the empress. We will not hold them too long in our warm hands, for that makes them droop sadly. We sill put them in water. Then they will soon hold up their heads and seem to say: "Thank you for that friendly drink. Now I am quite happy to stay with you."

Dora Amsden, 1919 "John Martin's Big Book for Little Folk"

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ooh, that is a beautiful picture Karin, how did you do it. Nice post. Big hugs to you and the girlies! :)