www.flickr.com

Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday

Amy' s first time to church. She was totally at ease and acted like a preacher's kid who thought she owned the place. everybody wanted to say hi to her and it didn't daunt her at all. She either gave them a shy smile or a big throw-back-her-head laugh! She really suprised me on how well she did. Just a few days ago she would not have been so sure of herself. I had planned to stay with the girls in their class but Amy didn't need me and was totally at ease. Just to be sure I volunteered to work in her class during worship. Angie and Karianne were more clingy than Amy! She wasn't so sure of Kiki the Monkey in Kiki's treehouse and refrained in giving him a hug with the other kids. In class I watched her actually initiate going up to kids and engaging them in play. It was wonderful to watch.

This morning (Monday)I closed the door on Amy's thumb! I was sure I had broke it. Poor baby.Brent held Amy and kept her thumb on ice while I ran around getting the other girls dressed so we could go to the Dr. After about a half hour of keeping it on ice, Amy was tired of sitting still and being sad so she got up and went back to laughing and playing! Her finger hasn't even bruised so far! Amazing.

No comments: