www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our own Series of Unfortunate Events

ot
not quite as dire as Leminy Snikett's stories, but we had our own series of Unfortunate Events just the same. Thursday we tried to go to the lake. We waited til the end of the day so it wouldn't be crowded and hot. The girls were looking forward to it all day long. I checked the Lake website to make sure rain hadn't closed it down, it all looked good. Finally, around 5pm we head to the lake, the girls, thankfully, all fell asleep on the way. We got there to find it was indeed closed due to flooding. Grrr. Dumb website, do they think gas is cheap?? We tried to make up for it by taking them out for ice cream instead. Karianne thought we were getting ice cream THEN heading to the lake. She was pretty sad when we told her.
When we got home I pulled a big load of clothes out of the dyer to fold only to find that a dastardly black Disney Princess Crayon was in the wash and had ruined the whole load! I've been trying different stain removers and brews for the past several days trying to recover some of clothes. My Beijing Olympic Shirt that I bought in China was in that load. Waaaa.
Yesterday I took Amy and Lucy to the Dr for shots and check ups. Neither one of them understood what was going on, so hard to see that look of suprise and pain in their eyes when they get the shots. Amy has to have quite a work up of samples and blood drawings to make sure she is a okay. Poor thing. Lucy ran a low fever all night and today, but is still very cheerful. Amy and Lucy both sported bandaids and I think Amy liked that she and Lucy were on the same team at the Dr's office. :-)
This morning Brent woke up went in the living room and came back and informed me we are getting the carpet cleaned today. What?? One of the dogs, the one Amy appropriately calls "Yucky" had uh, 'the runs' as they say in Texas. I quickly agreed we are getting the carpet cleaned today.

So here I am sqeezed in the kitchen with all our funiture, waiting for the carpet to dry, and experimenting in the laundry room on some crayon stained clothes.

Have a nice day! :-)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

My sister in law looked up on the internet how to get crayon out of clothes and found some concoction. If you don't find one let me know and I'll call her and find out! :) dawnoftheday@cox.net

What a mess with the laundry and the carpet! Ack!!

At least you still have a sense of humor AND it gave you something to blog about! HA!