www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Reunion

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We actually slept until 3pm. I am completely on China time and didn't even get to sleep until after 9am, the same time I would have gone to bed in China. I felt like the walking dead for the rest of the day. The girls came home around 4 in the afternoon. It was the best part of the trip to have all of our family together! Amy is beyond herself to have sisters. Within an hour of meeting Karianne and Angie she couldn't stop hugging them! Karianne bent over backwards to impress and please Amy. They all got a bath together and went to bed. Karianne wanted to make sure Amy was going to stay and We assured her Amy was here to stay. In our evening prayers Karianne prayed for Amy to come home out of habit and stopped herself and said, "Hey, I prayed for AMy to come home and she IS home!" We used to always pray for Amy's foot to get better too so she told Amy we have to fix her feet. :-)

Brent went to church just now and the rest of us are staying home today. This jet lag thing is awful. It's like a super version of Daylight savings, except instead of one hour it's one day! You know how hard it is to adjust to 'Spring Forward'? It's really bad to lose a day! It wasn't as bad going to China and gaining a day. It's hard to go back and actually relive a day again except you don't sleep in between. We actually left China around 4:45pm on friday and arrived in CHicago at 4:20pm on friday! I'm getting to old for this. I feel sick to my stomach and can't figure out when to eat or sleep. I woke up this morning a little after 2am and couldn't get back to sleep. Brent woke up after 5 so we watched the Lost finale until everyone else woke up. :-)

Oh but it is so good to be home and have all my girls with me! It's worth it all.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome Home! We're so happy for all of you and will be praying for a smooth adjustment for everyone. It makes my heart so happy to think of Amy hugging her sisters!

much love and big hugs. :)