www.flickr.com

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Karate Kid


Amy turned her headband around and was very pleased with the effect. :-)

Slowly every day she's had some firsts and it has been so rewarding to watch. Yesterday evening I sent her out in the backyard with her sisters and I did not go out with them. Amy is usually glued to my side, she follows me all around the house and won't let me out of her site. She hung around the door for a little bit and I kept pointing at her sisters and telling her to go play. She went and sat on a bench for a little while and just watched them and then she was playing with them! She doesn't like to be out in the grass for some reason, but there she was kicking a ball with Karianne. Big step for us. Today we went in two cars, Brent had the older girls and I had Lucy. Amy seemed fine with it, that's another big step. Just two nights ago we went shopping and Amy had to be right next to me at all times. Oh, I also heard her call Karianne by her name tonight, not an easy name to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I know you both are very excited by these little steps. Just remember, before you know it they'll all be arguing like sisters,
"You took mine! She's on my side!"
And the best one,
" You took my toy/boy!"
See you all soon,
Aunt Faith