www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quirky


Aren't we all? Today we were a little stir crazy from all the rain so we took the girls to McDonalds for lunch. We seem to always time our lunches with the local daycares whereever we go so there were lots of very big kids in the McDonalds playground so we really didn't play there. When I got home, Karianne had fallen asleep in the car. I got everyone else out and I was going back for Karianne when she burst in the door shouting, "Mom, I forgot to get out of the car!!" Whew, good thing she remembered! :-)
For the past 2 days Amy has been taking off her clothes when she takes a nap or goes to bed at night. I have no idea why, she never has done it before and it's not like I can ask her yet. She strips down to her diaper some time after I put her to bed and then carefully gets dressed again when she gets up. I know this because I have seen her in bed with no clothes on and when she gets up her outfit is on inside out. Today, I went to wake the girls from nap and Amy was sitting on the floor playing naked as a jay bird. Took her clothes and diaper off and layed the in a neat pile. My first reaction was to look around for an accident remembering the fun we had in China before I put her in a diaper. Weird. I mean, quirky. :-)
Karianne and I filled up our bird feeder and we spilled quite a bit on the ground. I told Karianne the birds would eat it after we went inside. We came in and she watched from the door. She called to me in a distressed voice, "OH NO, the Dogs are eating it!" Our dogs like bird seed. I should have guessed that. Once when we lived out in the middle of nowhere in Texas, Nala was caught in a hog trap overnight. We were looking for her everywhere and our rancher neighbor asked if maybe that was our dog in his Hog trap. Apparently she was lured in by the corn. Who knew, she's just a little quirky. Speaking of Nala, I entered her in our town newpaper ugly dog contest. Feel free to vote for her. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19746416&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=635668&rfi=6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all have some really strange dogs! I voted for Nala. I hope you win the prize package...sounds like some really neat stuff! Love, Carrie