www.flickr.com

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Phoenix Zoo


We took the girls to the zoo last week. It was not very crowded. Probably because it was around 110 degrees outside and anyone who loves their kids would not take them to the zoo in that kind of heat. Something I didn't realize about the Phoenix Zoo, because it is so hot here in the summer, their summer hours are from 7am to 2pm. So to get out money's worth we had to get up way earlier than we are accustomed to on a vacation day. Anway, we had fun, did the zoo. My favorite part was a savannah setting of several acres in which animals of the savannah wandered. There were benches set up so you could just sit in the shade and watch the animals. So peaceful. An exotic bird, (sorry Uncle Karl, I do not know it's name) was sitting on some eggs right next to the fence line. That was fun.



Hmm, I had some cute pictures of the kids but I can't find them on my computer, Enjoy the pic of the giraffe.

No comments: