www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 28, 2008

We love Kiki


Amy loves Kiki, the big blue monkey mascot in the Preschool at our church. We have Kiki shirts for the girls and Amy always wants to wear it. She gets so excited when she puts on the shirt and yells "Kiki Kiki!" and points at the shirt. She saw another child at church yesterday wearing a Kiki shirt so she went up to her and pointed at it and said, "what's that?" the little girl said "Kiki". Amy squealed and did a little dance and said, "Kiki, Kiki!" good thing the girl got the answer right!

Amy is doing very well with her english. She has commands down very well and can tell us to do almost anything. She loves singing songs she learned at church. There's a song called He's Alive. She says "He's Alive" over and over again and then for the verse she says, "I can't do it," to the tune of the verse. I guess she thinks those are the words. She'll 'read' any book and say "God can do anything!".

She still peppers a lot of Chinese in her dialog but we can mostly understand her. We were in the car the other day and all the girls we talking at once in the back of the car. I tend to tune them out when that happens. Over the din, I heard one voice yell, "Mom I'm talkin to you!" It was Amy. When I gave her my full attention she jabbered in Chinese so I am not sure what she needed to tell me but she seemed ok with that. She accepts that we are not as smart as her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way she smiles. Just an all out big "Cheese" grin. I hope she doesn't lose that.