www.flickr.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

Trash to treasure


Here's Karianne "not" taking a nap in a chair I just did over. We bought 2 Pottery Barn Kids Chairs at a yard sale for a dollar a piece. I wish I had taken a before picture of them. They were really worn out and had someone else's names embroidered on them. I didn't necessarily want them, but I had them thrown in with a "deal pile" :-). I took them home and took the covers off the chairs. took out the embroidery, washed them and redyed them with Rit Dye. I sewed up the rips, and appliqued flowers on them. Whadya think of them now? Only problem is there are 2 chairs and not 3. Still working on that share thing. :-)

Karianne is too big now for naps so it only looks like she is sleeping here. I usually put her out on the couch at nap time and she has quiet time. She reads books and NEVER falls asleep because like I said, she is too old for that now. :-)

1 comment:

Carol said...

The chair looks awesome! I did a similar thing to Rebekah's worn-out jeans. :)

I miss naptime!! Rebekah takes a nap about once a month now. :(