www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Crabs in my Closet- Thank you Jesus!

There are hermit crabs in my closet and a bike in my bedroom hiding under a blanket. I'm sewing a nose on a green pig, it must be Christmas Eve. I am so thankful for children at Christmas. My children. Just look at them. Each one of them was a miracle at birth, who beat the odds and made it into this world when they shouldn't have. So many past Christmases in which we struggled with our barrenness and losses. It doesn't seem to matter how much you love Jesus it hurts to celebrate the birth of a child when grieving your own loss. Christmas songs, church services, they all hurt. I have a friend who is grieving the loss of a child this Christmas and it brings back all my own grief and loss. 10 years with no children of our own here on earth. For those of you who are in the midst of loss, I know and I am so sorry.
 While I still grieve my 5 children in Heaven, and my heart yearns for our child in China who is spending his last Christmas in an orphanage, I am so grateful that I can share the joy of Christmas with these my precious children that God has given me.


Merry Christmas

No comments: