www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 20, 2011

How dry is it?

Arizona is great but they ain't kidding when they say it's dry here:

It is SO dry that my dogs walk around with half of the dead grass in the back yard stuck on their backs and their hair sticks straight up, always.

It is SO dry, I tried to cut my little dog's long curly hair and none of it came off when I cut it. It stuck to her, it stuck to the scissors and it stuck to my hand. What a mess. I had to wet her down to see what fell off and what I still had to cut.

It is SO dry I can't brush the kids hair more than one stroke without causing friction and their hair sticks straigh up.

It is SO dry that I can't iron without the fabric jumping up to meet the iron.

It is SO dry wood floors + broom= forget about it, too much friction nothing gets swept up.

It is SO dry that when I touch the light switch in the girls bathroom I get a shock so strong all their little blinking toothbrushes go off. Really!

I have seen how I will die some day, there is only so much electric current a human body can take.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I HATE getting shocked from static electricity. I go out of my way to avoid it. I do not know how I could live in a dry climate and the fear of constantly being shocked! True, humidity makes for frizzy hair and sticky summers, but I can scoot across my car seat or in my socks across carpet without fear.