www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 1, 2011

flying kites

My best friend from jr high came and visited me in AZ and brought all the girls some kites. The next day it was a rare cold windy day here in Phoenix. We took the girls out to fly their kites. Quickly there was just one still flying and not tangled in someone else's kite. We were all very cold and as we headed back to the car it snowed?? The picture was taken about 5 min. before the video. Brent since found out tht the stuff is called graupel. Somethiung between snow and hail. New word!

2 comments:

Angie said...

HAHA... Glad the girls were able to enjoy them for a short while. GRAPLE. Yes, I read that in an article while in New Mexico. CRAZY!

Angie said...

GRAPLE.. I read that in an article while in New Mexico. I think they made it up.

Glad the girls enjoyed the kites for a little while!