www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 2, 2010

That's life.



"As a dog returns to it's vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness." Proverbs 26:11


I've never been able to understand how some dog owners are able to ride around town and run their errands with a dog in the car that seems to be enjoying the ride. I have never had a dog like that. I've had quite a few dogs, and none of them have ever enjoyed riding in a car. Forseeing trouble on our crosscountry road trip next week, I asked the vet for something to help the dogs travel. Today I went to the vet to pick up some anxiety pills for them. I brought our 5 month old Howie along for the ride, just to let him get used to the car a little. The vet is maybe 3 miles from our house. Last month I took Howie to the vet and he was so nervous he threw up in the car. I thought maybe he'd do better this time. The vet was closed so I didn't even get what a went out for so we turned around and headed home. Karianne was in the car with me. On the way home Howie was quiet. I asked Karianne in the back seat if Howie had thrown up. She said no. I said, "are you sure? I smell dog food." I turned around and took a glance, yup. He did. Karianne said, "uh when someone throws up, I feel like throwing up..." I hollered, "Karianne, don't look at him, look out the window!" I started chattering about the sites we were passing to distract her. Then I heard a disgusting sound of lapping. Ug, that nasty animal is eating it! I turned up the radio and sang along so Karianne couldn't hear it. We reached home within a few minutes and I turned around to check on Howie. He was sitting there looking fine, no vomit anywhere.
Karianne said, "Where did it go?"


No comments: