www.flickr.com

Friday, May 29, 2009

Natural Falls



Yesterday we went to Natural Falls State Park. Just beautiful. The weather was cool, the park was empty, and it was just lovely.

Natural Falls is just outside a very small town near the Oklahoma/Arkansas border. Now I've seen and lived in some small towns. But you KNOW you are in a small town when there is a big dog taking a nap right in the middle of one of the main streets of town and isn't too worried about getting hit. I wish I had gotten a picture of that dog. We slowed down and went around him and he just kinda raised an eyebrow at us but was unimpressed.

We really enjoyed the falls. I'm afraid Brent and I will always remember that trip being about Amy. She is a little unsteady on her feet so I was making her hold my hand all the way down the path to the falls. She was doing great. We get to the falls and have 2 steps to go down to get to the viewing platform. She lets go of my hand runs forward to the steps, trips and bloodies up her knee and just howls and cries the whole time we are "enjoying" the falls. As soon as we get her knee cleaned up she has a different kind of accident and we've got nothing to change her into. That was fun. She wasn't in the best of moods for the rest of the visit. It's just too good of a story that she will really hate for us to retell when she gets older, oh and we have pictures too. :-)



Here's Karianne and Angie having fun:



Here's Amy not having much fun:



Here's Amy after both accidents, don't look too close at the spot next to Amy there. :-) Karianne and Angie and I climbed back up to the lookout deck to wave at Brent and Amy and Lucy.