www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tulsa Fair


We went to the Fair on Thursday, first night of the Tulsa State Fair. I have been to a fair probably once in the last 20 years. Not much has changed. I still saw the Himilaya Ride, Silver Streak and StarShip. Actually those were all at Astroworld when I was a kid too. :-)

It was very crowded and the lines for the rides were super long. We decided to watch a seal show and look in the animal barns and they were hardly any people there, which is the way I like it. I suppose the highlight of the night was the petting zoo. It was a petting zoo deluxe. With the average petting zoo animals plus exotics like a kangaroo, giraffe, water buffalo, zebra, ostrich, oh a lot more that I can't remember and even a Jackalope! Never saw one in Texas, I had to come to Oklahoma to finally see one. :-) It was a South American Cavy, but it looked just like the Jackalope.


We stayed out very late, so the ride lines did finally go down and the girls and Brent got to ride a few. All 4 girls enjoyed cotton candy, Brent got his funnel cake and I had a stake sandwich.

No comments: