www.flickr.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

to the Zoo

th
We went to a special evening event for zoo members last night. It wasn't as cool as it has been, very still and muggy but we still had a good time. The lions were more animated than they were in the day, but the birds were full and weren't interested in the food we proffered them. Karianne very courageously stood in the middle of the open bird aviary filled with small birds and held out her little stick with bird seed on it. No takers, since it was dark they just wanted to sleep. I think their favorite part of the night was the inflatables. They had a big inflatable slide that all the girls climbed right up and slide down, even Amy! We road the train, and the girls road the carousel.

"Momma what are those people doing in the Bear cage?"

1 comment:

Angela said...

We didn't make it out to the zoo last night. We went last year and it was so crowded, I wasn't up for braving it again. Besides my girls were in bed and sound asleep by about 7:05. Looks like your girls had a lot of fun though!

And on your recent snake post...ewwwww. I cannot stand snakes and I'm sure if I'd been in the position you were to find them coiled up in various places I'd freak.