www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A heart for Orphans

So a little announcement here... We are adopting again! We've been working on our papers all summer. We've been looking at some files on a few children. This week our agency called us and told us that one of the little boys had just a few days left before his file was returned to China. I had seen his file go out to families several times and be returned again as the families were not pursuing his adoption and now his time was up. We said, "he's ours". Actually I said that before I had a chance to ask Brent so (eyeroll) they made me check with Brent first. :-) I can't post his picture yet. But he's 2 years old, cute as a bug and I suspect he will be Lucy's mischevious  partner in crime


 Why adopt, and why again? We're not collecting kids, we're happy with the family God has blessed with us. We advocate for orphans and help however we can, it's just that we feel we can still do more. We still have an extra bed, room at the table, another seat belt in the car; and out there there are so many children needing just one family to say "you're mine."
 
 "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19


 Because his time is short, the adoption is going much faster than I expected and we have expenses due now that we don't have and we need some help. I love to give back and help the orphans whenever  I can. I thought it would be fun to do a virtual bake sale for the group foster homes in Phoenix. There's a CHIPIN on our blog. $10 and we will deliver cupcakes to an entire group home. $50 in our CHIPIN and we will deliver pizza to a group home. This would be a rare treat for these kids. It would be so fun to bless them with a Pizza Party. There are many many group homes in Phoenix, so I think we can stay busy.
  Just put in the memo on the CHIPIN cupcakes or Pizza.
 Thank you!!!

1 comment:

catsage_2000 said...

Congratulations to the Peak family. Can't wait to see his picture and look forward to the adventures he and Lucy will have together. I'm sure Lucy will show him the ropes.