www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Don't count your eggs untl you eat them!


So sunday we had an egg hunt at church. There was no limit of
eggs so my girls heaped their baskets to overflowing. We came home,
took a nap and then we went out again to a large church that was doing
an Easter drama. I thought it would be a good way to introduce
the Easter story to our preschoolers.It was so very special to me to
watch them SEE the story for the first time and answer all their
questions. Right after Jesus was crusified, my little potty trained
Karianne told me she had to go to the bathroom. Didn't want her to
miss the resurrection so I asked her to hold it for the first time. We
cheered and clapped when Jesus rose from the grave. Just brought tears
to my eyes to share that with my daughters.
Anyway, when we got home from that, we found plastic Easter Eggs
all over our living room floor! One of our dogs had gotten into
Angie's Easter basket and had taken each
egg out one by one, opened each one and ate the contents!! Everyone of
her eggs where empty, even the ones that had playdoh in them! Poor
baby you should have seen her face! At the same time, I was trying not
to laugh at the determination of our dog opening each of those eggs
and not breaking any of them! We have three dogs but there is no doubt
in my mind it was our Llaso Apso that did it, such a mischevious breed!
Hope everyone else had a good Easter!

No comments: