www.flickr.com

Friday, October 8, 2010

getting crafty

I had a little fun this week sprucing up some old pieces of furniture that had seen better days. I found this neat bench on the curb. It looked like someone used it as a surface to pot some plants. There was dirt all over the bench, but it looked like it would just brush off and I could recover it. I put it in the backyard and didn't get to it for several days. Forgot about my puppy and he ripped up the arm of the bench. Drat. Then I had to pad and patch the arm THEN recover it. I used an old chenille blanket. love how it turned out.



Next I had been meaning to get to the dresser in on of the girls' rooms. It's an old wood laminate dresser and they've been picking the old laminate off at night. I filled in the parts that have peeled away and then I painted it with a thin coat of blue. Karianne loves it but nicely pointed out that I really didn't do a good job of painting because the brown shows through in some places. I don't think she really believed me that I did it on purpose. She said it's ok, it looks nice anyway. :-P


No comments: