www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bargain Brag




Yesterday I went to a church rummage sale. They had a nice but dirty dining room set for 8. I really liked it, but it was $275! I sent a picture of it to Brent (who was not with me) and asked him if I might have it when the sale went half price as church rummage sales usually do. He said no, that was still to much for us. I came back to the sale around noon, everything was half price. The table was still there but they were very confident it was going to sell. I didn't think so. I asked the woman in charge if I might leave an offer and if it didn't sell by the end of the day, then maybe they could give me a call and consider my offer. The lady asked, "how much?" I said, "forty dollars." (Brent was glad he wasn't there. HAHA!) The lady looked at me in disbelief and said with a sneer, "Uh I can tell you right now, we won't be accepting THAT offer. We have PEOPLE that will take it (meaning the thrift store). She refused to take my number and would rather give it to the thrift store who really needed it as opposed to me and my $40 who actually needed it too. Geez!

Spunky girl that I am. I went back to the sale around 4pm. Table was still there as I suspected it would be. I walked up to the woman and asked, "how much is the table now?" She growled, "five dollars."
"Um, do you mean the big table with the 8 chairs?"
"Yes, five dollars!"
"OK, I'll take it."

I quickly gave her my Five dollars and loaded it up in the car. I was a little concerned that she'd remember that it was beneath her to accept $40 a few hours before!

Love my table! It's the first time I've been able to fit everyone around the table and fit the food on the table as well. For years I've served the food buffet style. Who hoo!


No comments: