www.flickr.com

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cookies


So here is Karianne baking cookies. She did it while her sisters took a nap. Funny story that goes with the cookies.

Karianne and I were supposed to make a couple batches because I needed some cookies for a skit in Boost tonight. Turns out I only had enough vanilla for one cookie batch and I didn't have other ingredients for any other kind of cookie. Can you tell I am not a baker? Anyway, I had to take Karianne's cookies to church tonight. I didn't tell her and I told everyone in the skit they COULD NOT eat the cookies, they were Karianne's and she hadn't even showed them to her daddy yet.

When the cookies came out on the stage Karianne said, "Momma those are MY cookies!" She seemed pleased that they were being featured. Amy didn't really care. Angie was NOT happy. She said loudly, "those are OUR cookies!" And she came over to me and repeated it. I said, "I know sweetie, it's ok, we'll get them back, they are just borrowing them". She glared at everyone on the stage and kept her eyes on the cookies at the same time. At one point presents covered the table the cookies were on and She said, "I can't see our cookies anymore!!" I assured her they were still there. At the end of the skit everyone walked off the stage and a man that was not let in on the special-ness of the cookies grabbed a cookie and popped it in his mouth. Angie yelled, "HEY!" and kept telling me he ate one of our cookies. Ok, the weird thing was that she had a cookie that afternoon and didn't even like it, and left it on the table!

Off topic, the girls like looking at the Christmas lights on the way to church and back tonight. The really special ones that had a whole bunch of lights got the ultimate from Karianne. She's tell her sisters, "look that's where Jesus was born!"
The church has a manger and a stable on the main stage. I had to stay home from church on sunday with Lucy so Karianne wanted to show it to me. She took me to it and with a sweeping motion of her hand she said, "look momma, this is Heaven! This is were Jesus was born!"
Very impressive!

No comments: