www.flickr.com

Friday, December 26, 2008

Big Girl

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great day, I am trying to reclaim my house from the Christmas clutter. :-)
Lucy decided to take her first step yesterday on Christmas day! It was just like her other firsts, she felt like we could handle it so she showed us her new trick laughing and clapping to let us know she was completely in control. She's adorable. :-)

On Christmas Eve we took the girls to the Christmas Eve service at church. They just wanted to get to the part where they got to hold a candle and tried to wait as patiently as they could until then. When I finally gave them each a candle, I decided that was the first time Amy has been that close to a candle or fire before. She didn't have it very long before it was time to light it but she had already broke the candle stick and put it upside down in the candle holder. I lit mine and gave it to her. She tried to take it from me by grabbing the fire! I yanked it back from her and put her hand under the the cup safe from the dripping wax, even though my hand was covered by wax by then. I kept a close watch on her while we had our candles lit. When it was time to blow them out I leaned over and took a breath and opened my mouth and she said (very Loudly) "don't eat it Momma!" Kinda broke the solemness of the occasion for the others around us. :-)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Merry merry Christmas to you all!! Lovely family!!