www.flickr.com

Friday, June 25, 2010

the tire



I've showed this picture to so many friends already, but it is still a great story. Last week, a friend and myself and our 5 kids, made a road trip. It was a long trip, 15hrs one way. Around midnight I heard a pop and flapping coming from under the car. I screamed, my friend woke up my friend from her nice restful sleep screaming and I pulled over thinking it was a blowout. I was in the middle of now where, no moon, no light. I used my cellphone for a flashlight, couldn't see anything wrong with the tires and nothing hanging down from the bottom of the car. I got back on the road and the car drove ok, it shook a little but it did fine. I made it to the next town, went to a gas station and looked all over my car again. Still couldn't see anything wrong so I decided to try and make it to my stop for the night, 300 miles away. The car still shook a little but handled well. Made it to my hotel. The next day I pulled in to a garage just to make sure everything was ok. They looked around my car and saw my tire. When they showed me my tire, I started shaking all over. I did have a blowout that night, but somehow God held that tire together and it didn't even lose air and I made it another 300 miles on that tire! No damage done to the rim or the car, or our lives. Thank you Lord again, for protecting me from my stupidity.

No comments: