www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 5, 2008

We eat Fish!


Karianne was watching Go Diego on TV and got it into her head that she wanted to eat a fish. I'm not sure what exactly prompted her. I put her off and told her we'd buy some later, thinking I'd pick up some fish sticks. We did go shopping later in the day and I tried to show her some fish sticks. She wasn't interested, she told me that's not a fish and she wanted a REAL fish. I wasn't sure what she wanted, the fresh lobsters in the aquarium? Goldfish? snack cracker Goldfish? She said, "I'll show you momma". And took me over to the seafood counter and picked out the fishiest fish she could find complete with eyeballs and all it's parts still intact. I laughed and said, "I know you won't eat that!" and I tried to turn her away but she insisted on that fish. I kept telling her she wouldn't eat it and she said, "yes, I will, I'll show you momma!" Well, I at least got her to pick out a fish that had already been fillet and I agreed to buy it. We brought it home and neither Brent nor I had ever cooked a fish before so we had fun trying to figure that out. We did alright and Karianne ate her fish and loved it. She showed me!

No comments: